Veterans in the Graduate School

The Graduate School participates in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program and would like to encourage military-connected students to consider the expanded career horizons and intellectual engagement associated with advanced academic studies. Graduate student veterans are pursuing degrees in various departments of Arts & Sciences; they join veterans in a number of disciplines, including but not limited to engineering and the social sciences.


All students admitted to a doctoral program in the Graduate School receive funding for four to seven years—veterans receive funding equal to others in their programs but may draw on the GI Bill & Yellow Ribbon benefits as needed.  Veterans considering a master’s degree in the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences will find the Yellow Ribbon Program especially beneficial as a means of supporting advanced academic study, as financial support for master’s degree studies is more limited than for doctoral work.  Veterans pursuing advanced degrees can also secure assistance with housing, among other supports, from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Applicants must submit a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs in order to arrange tuition payments.  Application fees to graduate programs are waived for veterans of the U.S. Military. 


VA Certifying Officials

Danforth Campus (all graduate programs except Medicine)

Eileen Radomski

University Registrar’s Office

(314) 935-5933

The Medical School

School of Medicine Registrar’s Office

(314) 362-6848