Reimbursements for Graduate Student Groups
Reimbursement checklist for graduate student groups
In order to be reimbursed for a graduate student group-related expense, be sure to turn in the following: itemized receipt, proof of payment, and graduate student group reimbursement form. Documentation should be saved into a single PDF and emailed to Rachel Pepe, email@example.com, or turned into DUC 300.
Must be original receipt showing what was purchased
- Be sure the receipt includes the business name & contact information
- Be sure the receipt has English translation if written in another language
If you buy food from a restaurant, the receipt must show an itemized list of the food:
- # of dishes/items
- The cost associated with each item
If you buy items from a store or from a website, the receipt must show:
- what items were purchased with the associated cost.
- A receipt showing the total amount without itemization is not sufficient.
- Proof of payment - must show how items were paid for.
Proof of Payment
- Receipt/invoice must show that payment was actually made.
- If you pay by cash, ask the vendor to mark the invoice/receipt as “cash payment/paid in full”
- If you pay by credit card, turn in your credit card receipt (mark out your card # or other non-related expenses that you are not being reimbursed for)
- If you pay by check, turn in a bank statement or copy of the cancelled check for the transaction.
- A receipt turned in with amounts without proof of payment is not sufficient.
Graduate Student Group Reimbursement Form
- List the names of individual attendees for events with 13 or fewer attendees.
- Obtain approval from your group Treasurer (or Peer Mentoring Coordinator if a Peer Mentoring expense) to be reimbursed from your group account (this may be via email)
- The person requesting the reimbursement may not be the group representative approving the expense. In these instances, either the Treasurer or the President may approve the expenditure.
Students and vendors need to be reimbursed in a timely manner--please submit all requests for reimbursements as soon as possible following events. In order to be reimbursed for a graduate student group-related expense, all items on the checklist must be turned in. Typical processing can take 3-7 days AFTER you turn the required documentation into the Liberman Graduate Center.