Preparing Your Academic Career
Steps to Success with your Faculty Job Search.
This workshop provides an overview of the first steps of the academic job application process. Learn how to get prepared, how to maximize your likelihood of success, and what resources will support you as you continue along your academic career path.
Topics covered include:
- Determining your readiness for the market
- Understanding the job market cycle and how search committees work
- Creating effective written materials for the job search
- Identifying job opportunities and understanding the logistics of applying
- The next steps beyond your applications
This event is co-sponsored by SEAS.